image + recipe courtesy of gabbysgfree
Gluten-free Vegan Chai Banana Bread
Yields: 1 loaf
Adapted from: Joy the Baker
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. raw sugar (brown sugar or sucanat would work too!)
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 c. coconut oil (solid, very lightly packed. You can also use canola oil)
280g gluten-free flour mix
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. powdered ginger (you can also do 1/2 tsp. ginger and 1/2 tsp. ground cloves if you like)
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F and oil your loaf pan.
2. Mash bananas until they are very liquidy. Add in vanilla, sugar, syrup, and coconut oil. Whisk until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, add remaining dry ingredients (flour, spices, salt) and whisk together until they are fully incorporated.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients until just mixed.
5. Bake in loaf pan for 45-50 min until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Let cool on a cooling rack for 20-30 minutes before removing from loaf pan. Once removed, let cool completely before slicing.
Also, here are a few informative websites on veg living:
Yay for our health, the environment, and the animals!