picked up vintage ribbon at tinsel trading
window display at stella dallas vintage
beautiful storefront for soapology
louis headed to daycare
dog bowl to greet louis "bone jour"
today i am finally slowing down. since my arrival friday afternoon i've been in sprint mode to see and do everything possible. it's the new york way. yoga, vegan lunches, vintage shopping, betsey johnson brunch, flea markets, bookstores, and meet-ups. it's truly been amazing. this city is an absolute joy in so many ways. i've snapped heaps of photos that serve as design, window display, and style inspiration. thank gawd for the iPhone.
le beau and i dropped sir louis at biscuits and bath dog spa today for a little doggie indulgence and have been working at starbucks ever since. it's been good to get a little grounded and reconnected after days of running all over the city. tonight we're going to the coolest do-gooding place, housing works - an amazing agency offering a bookstore cafe and more.
as we prepare to dash out for a meeting, i wanted to share a few tips from my past few days:
1. wear comfy shoes. i've walked miles here so far!
2. stay hydrated. always tote your water bottle or yummy libation.
3. smile at strangers. new yorkers are super nice . . . and so interesting.
4. hit flea markets on the last day - better bargains!
5. always don your game face. you never know who you'll run into.
6. crafting a casual meet-up can be life changing. met such beautiful souls monday night.
7. take time to retreat from over-stimulation. my chest begins to feel crushed among the chaos (like simply walking down the sidewalk). a little yoga and retreating does the soul good.
8. don layers to combat the over-airconditioned locales, rain, and sunshine.
9. carry a camera at all times. there is inspiration literally everywhere.
10. carry your journal and/or idea book to meetings. new yorkers have tons of inspiration and ideas to share.
thank you for joining me on this journey. in my week in review, i'll share all the locations i hit in case you, too, are in need of a new york jaunt!