today i had a long overdue lunch date with a dear girlfriend. always a treat.
good news, we dined near an anthropologie and i turned the excurision into an artist date.
love spontaneous experiences. here is a sampling of my finds:
1. cutest bird paperclips ever
2. gorgeous monogram mugs by samantha robinson
3. to-die-for embroidered chair
4. yummy candles, linens + decorating book
5. must-have book the stylist's guide to nyc
6. creative display of journals + writing tools
7. art journal by sabrina ward harrison
8. selection of fave books
i left inspired by all the eye candy and even more in love with the simple pleasures of life. best part, i didn't spend a thing. ok, ok, i did come home and order two new books (c'est la vie - their book selections are my fave part of the store), but i gained SO much creative inspiration simply stepping into the store. that, my dear, is priceless.
the smell of perfumed candles, the artistic displays, the creative trinkets for entertaining, the perfect accessories, the flirty and artsy books, the feminine clothing. it's like stepping into a fairy tale.
i. heart. anthropologie. the merchandising team crafting the displays are pure genius. i aspire to live with a similarly aligned connection to the senses. et toi?
p.s. if you haven't seen their latest catalogue, pick it up. great for art journaling and set in india.