to love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. - oscar wilde
yesterday i hosted a self-care extravaganza at my internship, n street village,
for the beloved staff who work so hard to provide for others. of course, the adventure
was complete with heaps of goodies (see photo above) to nurture the spirit.
1. we began by getting centered, noticing sensations in our body, and feeling our breath.
2. we practiced the 3-part yogic breath.
3. we savored an organic raisin (or hershey kiss) in a mindfulness exercise.
4. we did some simple chair yoga poses to awaken the body.
5. we closed with review of a self-care handout featuring
physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual tips.
6. in closing everyone committed to 5 ways to nurture their spirit in the next week.
will you join us in the commitment?