Welcome to the 204th edition of Tranquility du Jour: A Guide to Bringing Tranquility to your Every Day. Today’s show features upcOMing happenings and India reflections with moi. Peruse images from the adventure here.
Workshops + Retreats: Consider joining moi for:
* our seasonal Tranquilology Teleclass on Monday, January 3
* a "New Year, New You Urban Retreat" in DC on January 8, 2011
* 2 workshops at Montreal's Centre Luna Yoga on April 30, 2011
* a "Yoga, Creativity + Tranquility Lifestyle Retreat" at a Farmhouse in NY October 14-16, 2011. All the details here
* India Night Benefit at Tranquil Space: Friday, January 21 7-8:30pm
Don a sari, sip chai tea, and join us for a celebration of all things India. Kimberly Wilson and a few fellow Tranquil Space yogis have recently returned from a 10-day adventure in India and are excited to share tales of the trip. This special evening we include photos and videos of their journey, henna painting, yummy Indian cuisine, a trunk show featuring Indian-made malas, clothing, and accessories, and more. The night will conclude with Kimberly's debut of Lokah Samasta Sukino Bhavantu on the harmonium and a mini meditation around an altar.
Suggested $10 donation to benefit India charity of your choice: Help in Suffering works for the benefit of animals in India or Environment Support Group involves research, training, campaign support, and advocacy on a variety of environmental and social justice issues in India. All trunk show proceeds will also go toward your choice of India charity.
1. How can you be yoga and/or infuse a dash of India into your week?
Signature Style: TranquiliT is a line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. Locally sewn with 150 trees planted each month. Give green this holly day season.
Stay Au Courant:
Let's be Facebook friends.
Follow moi on Twitter for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Connect on our Facebook group.
Join Tranquilista's like page.
Au Revoir: To close out the show, we’re playing Signature Prayer for Art and Artists by Pandit Jazraj. You can learn more about their music at moncheriband.wordpress.com.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed.