pre-meditation sunrise outside my window at kripalu this morning
December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)
The wedding reception of a dear friend this fall. There was sparkly table decor, oodles of celebrities (including Barbara Walters), plenty of bubbly, an amazing band, recognition of many cultural traditions, and candles instead of bouquets when the bridal party walked down the aisle. I still remember the beauty of the table display as I was in sparkle heaven! A truly spectacular Washington event.
December 10 – Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)
To repair two injuries with surgery. Being forced to slow down, say "I'm sorry, I can't," and spend tremendous amounts of energy on healing was a true blessing in disguise. The healing continues. Alas, the recognition of a need to slow down also continues.
December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
Wow, 11 things! Hmmm. Here are some ideas in no particular order:
1. lack of breakfast (gotta make this a priority to keep blood sugar balanced) plan: eat it!
2. inconsistent meditation practice (again, critical to my health) plan: do it!
3. continual connection (ditto regarding health) plan: schedule connection times
4. lack of down time (um, again regarding health) plan: schedule down time in new 2011 planner
5. clutter (can feel confining) plan: detox closets, bookshelves, nooks + crannies chez moi
6. rushing (been focus for a few years and continues to improve . . . slowly) plan: schedule in more space between appointments
7. reaction (want to live the mantra "respond vs. react") plan: recite repeatedly to self AND avoid prompt responses
8. my 5 extra lbs (sugar addiction takes its toll) plan: 5 days/week exercise b/w gym, yoga, running, boxing
9. anxiety around MSW comp exam on 4.15 (scared!) plan: set aside oodles of study time
10. stagnation (avoid getting caught up in to-dos) plan: travel, read, indulge in weekly date nights with le beau and wine nights with girlfriends, get offline + get outside, try new things
11. being overly sensitive (um, not a pretty trait) plan: focus on the idea from don miguel ruiz's book the four agreements "don't take anything personally" and surrender attachment