we're babysitting a 4-month-old basset hound at the moment and it is anything but tranquil in our humble (oh-so-tiny) pink palace. with two pups, two kitties, and a beau, the days have been exciting (and the mornings VERY early!).
today's seminar on mindfulness at work was good. still processing it but i did take some insightful notes:
- we're always trying to get "there" and when we get "there," we realize we wish we were someone else (skinnier, smarter, more compassionate, etc.)
- the point is not to solve work but to become completely honest about work.
- mindfulness is simply training the mind to come back
- if you know where you are going but don't know where you are, you are already lost.
- our role is to inspire the best in others.
- mindfulness is about what happens "off the cushion." (sound familiar to our use of "off the mat?")