Today’s menu features a must-have pose in On the Mat, getting your ayurveda on with Anne Thiel in Off the Mat, and we’ve got Omwork and Savvy Sources for you too. View our shownotes at hiptranquilchick.com/blog.
On the Mat: prasarita padottanasana
Off the Mat: Today’s podcast is an interview with Anne Thiel. Anne is a teacher and the prenatal program coordinator at tranquil space. she completed the 200-hour yoga alliance -approved teacher training at tranquil space, is a certified prenatal yoga teacher.
She has worked as a midwife in Germany and delivered 450 babies before moving to the united states to enter a PhD program in German studies. She later left the academic world and has since then worked in various positions in environmental ngo's.
Omwork: To encourage a sense of diving deeper into today’s podcast, I will post Omwork relating to this segment on our HTC forum. Please connect with fellow HTCs there and play with the following:
1. What are some nurturing rituals you could incorporate into your daily routine? (e.g. taking 10 minutes to sit and sip a cup of your favorite tea, try the daily oil massage in the morning)
2. How can you warm yourself: body, mind and soul? Create a "soothing box" with something soft to touch, a picture of something or somebody you love, your favorite tea, a candle and/or incense - use often; if you travel, take it with you
3. How can you slow down? Can you stay seated for just 5-10 minutes after you finished a meal; can you take 20 minutes out of your day to do something quiet you love (read, meditate, listen to music)
Haute Holidays: Shop online for my new retail therapy page complete with the Hip Tranquil Chick book, yoga CDs, and tranquilista gems. Here at chez moi, we wanted to encourage the sharing of hip tranquil chickness with others over the impending holidays or as a "thinking of you" gift for your favorite leopard-print loving girlfriends.
If you purchase 3 copies of Hip Tranquil Chick between November 1, 2007 and December 31, 2007 you will receive a complimentary tranquility toolkit. Inside the tranquility toolkit you will find yummy tea infusions, a DVD with the first 100 episodes of the HTC podcasts, an unreleased bonus podcast muse by moi, and the signature chariTea soiree toolkit - all wrapped in true hip tranquil chick style.
To redeem, send a copy of your receipt from any book outlet noting your purchase of Hip Tranquil Chick via fax to 615.827.2385 or via e-mail to email@example.com, along with your snail mail address.
Soirees, Chats, Booksignings & Retreats: Come our next 1-day retreat in DC on Saturday, January 12 and a weekend of all things hip and tranquil in the Catskills of NY in March. I’ll be leading workshops and hosting book signings in Miami at The Standard in December; Charleston, WV, Charlotte and Asheville NC in February; and back to Denver in April. Details for all special events at kimberlywilson.com. I hope our paths will cross.
Join us for our next le chic teleclass chat focused on hip holidays on Monday, November 12 at 8:30ET. Details here.
Mentoring: Interested in diving deeper into hip and tranquil topics 1:1? If so, view all the scoop here.
Chic Community: Mingle with fellow HTCs on our forums. We’re on MySpace and Facebook, so please connect with the community virtually there, too! If you have a product you’d like reviewed on the blog – send a sample to me at 2024 p street, nw dc, 20036. sending a sample does not guarantee placement but I’d love to support our growing community!
Au Revoir: To close out the show, we’re playing fabulous tunes by tres chic Jason Kent from Montreal. Today’s selection is Midnight Love. You can learn more about this week's featured artist, including how to get more of his music at myspace.com/jasonkentmusic. Check out the video to Midnight Love there too!
Thanks for joining me for the 107th edition of the HTC podcast. Namaste.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes!
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available.
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed
Check out nineball media