Today’s menu features a must-have pose in On the Mat, being a late bloomer with in Off the Mat, and we’ve got Omwork and Savvy Sources for you too. View our shownotes at hiptranquilchick.com/blog.
On the Mat: Crow
Off the Mat: Today’s podcast is an interview with Amy Cohen. Amy Cohen was a writer/producer on the sitcoms Caroline in the City and Spin City, a dating columnist for the New York Observer, and the dating correspondent for cable TV's New York Central. She is the author of The Late Bloomer's Revolution, published in July 2007 by Hyperion Books. She lives in New York City.
Omwork: To encourage a sense of diving deeper into today’s podcast, I will post Omwork relating to this segment on our HTC forum. Please connect with fellow HTCs there and play with the following:
1. Are you a late bloomer?
2. What story do you have to share that would inspire and motivate others?
3. From Amy: I often felt as if my journal were nagging and beckoning me, feeling constantly ignored. What really helped me after years of thinking "Ah! I didn't write in my journal! What kind of writer am I?" was I got a blank journal and now I write both long and short entries with drawings and cartoons. And it' s fun. That's the key. Even when I'm writing about mortifying things (as I often do), I enjoy it now.
The Late Bloomer’s Revolution
Amy's coming to DC: October 25
Join Kimberly for a Yoga + Writing workshop this Sunday
Haute Stuff Shoppe: Shop online for my new retail therapy page complete with the Hip Tranquil Chick book, yoga CDs, and tranquilista gems.
Signature Style: Legwarmers
Soirees, Chats, Booksignings & Retreats: Come our next 1-day retreat in DC on Saturday, January 12 and a weekend of all things hip and tranquil in the Catskills of NY in March. I’ll be leading workshops and hosting book signings in Montreal and the Boston area in November; Charleston, WV and Charlotte, NC in February; and back to Denver in April. Details for all special events at kimberlywilson.com. I hope our paths will cross.
Join us for our next le chic teleclass chat focused on staying tranquil during hip holidays on Monday, November 12 at 8:30ET. Details here.
Mentoring: Interested in diving deeper into hip and tranquil topics 1:1? If so, view all the scoop here.
Au Revoir: Share your hip tranquil chickness with me, request show ideas, or pass along feedback by e-mailing email@example.com. We’re on MySpace and Facebook, so please connect with the community virtually there, too!
To close out the show, we’re playing podsafe music from Promonet. Today’s selection is The Buddha Bar by Blue Tribe. You can learn more this week's featured artist, including how to get more of their music at their page on eMusic.com.
Thanks for joining me for the 104th edition of the HTC podcast. Keep blooming! Namaste.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes!
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available.
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed
Check out nineball media