Today’s menu features a must-have pose in On the Mat, a muse on hip and tranquil scheduling + time management in Off the Mat, and we’ve got Omwork and Savvy Sources for you too. View our shownotes at hiptranquilchick.com/blog.
On the Mat: Deep lunge with twist
Off the Mat: Today’s podcast is in response to quite a few questions relating to setting up one’s day and making things happen in a mindfully extravagant way. Stay tuned for all the scoop.
Benjamin Franklin said, "Do you love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff that life is made of."
Hip & Tranquil Time Management - how to organize a busy schedule
Question from Reader: "How do you keep things straight? How do you prioritize your to dos? What does it look like for you? Do you use to do lists on paper or palm? Do you list your personal and work related things together? Do you have an online calendar that reminds you what is coming up or what tasks you have? I have my own small biz that I am starting plus a part time office job, plus 2 kids and a dog. I keep lists of to -dos but to be honest, it seems like I end up consulting these things less and remember things in my head. When I come up with ideas or things to do, I am not sure where to add them. I have a palm that I synch with my outlook but find I am not always in front of my computer. What are your tricks? Do you operate from day to day on an organic level or are you strict with your schedule? I love the idea of scheduling me time - and my husband gives me Sat morns off to do my own thing."
A few hip and tranquil suggestions:
1. Plan your week each Sunday.
2. Plan tomorrow the night before.
3. Review the day’s to-dos and re-prioritize accordingly.
4. Ask yourself “What is the best use of my time?”
5. Consider what tasks or activities will give you the best outcome and return on your time. The 80/20 rule may help.
6. Have top goals nearby.
7. Ask yourself “Does this action get me closer to my larger goals?”
8. Think you don’t have enough time in the day to conquer certain things, set a kitchen timer for 15 minutes and make yourself do it.
9. Create a morning ritual. Ex. Green tea, smoothie, 10 minutes of sun salutes.
Omwork: To encourage a sense of diving deeper into today’s podcast, I will post Omwork relating to this segment on our HTC forum. Please connect with fellow HTCs there and play with the following:
1. Ask yourself “What is the most valuable use of my time at this moment?"
2. What is your morning ritual?
3. How do you stay on track with your goals?
Haute Stuff Shoppe: Shop online for my new retail therapy page complete with the Hip Tranquil Chick book, yoga CDs, and tranquilista gems.
Signature Style: TranquiliT’s skort is such fun. Made in our signature luxurious bamboo fabric, this piece is perfect for dancing, bike riding, yoga, and more!
Soirees, Chats, Booksignings & Retreats: Come to Costa Rica over Labor Day weekend (2 spots left!) and to our next retreat in the Catskills of NY in March. I’ll be leading workshops and hosting book signings in Montreal and the Boston area in November; Charleston, WV and Charlotte, NC in February; and back to Denver in April. Details for all special events at hiptranquilchick.com. I hope our paths will cross.
Join us for our next le chic teleclass chat focused on savvy self-care on Monday, September 10 at 8:30ET. Details here.
Mentoring: Interested in diving deeper into all things hip and tranquil 1:1? If so, click here for all the scoop.
Au Revoir: Share your hip tranquil chickness with me, request show ideas, or pass along feedback by e-mailing email@example.com. We’re on MySpace and Frappr, so please connect with the community virtually there, too!
To close out the show, we’re playing podsafe music from Promonet. Today’s selection is The Night Starts Here by Stars. You can learn more this week's featured artist, including how to get more of their music at their website and MySpace page.
Thanks for joining me for the 95th edition of the HTC podcast. 5 more to go until our centennial celebration interview. Namaste.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes!
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Yahoo Podcasts.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available.
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed
Check out nineball media.