to culminate my birthday on friday, i decided to note my fave lessons learned during my 33 years. enjoy the non-exhaustive list in no particular order, and please share some of yours with us, too!
1. trust your gut.
2. you get more bees with honey.
3. ask lots of questions.
4. prepare for worse case scenario, hope for best case scenario.
5. reflect daily.
6. stay away from people who drain you.
7. surround yourself with inspiring people.
8. stay true to who you are.
9. practice, practice, practice.
10. know when to let go.
11. honor your efforts.
12. support other people's events that mean a lot to them.
13. always send thank you notes.
14. express gratitude often.
15. smile more.
16. be proud of your bargains.
17. set boundaries.
18. push your edges.
19. be strategic.
20. when something is bothering you, dissect why.
21. make people feel special.
22. speak from the "i".
23. avoid gossip like the plague.
24. see all viewpoints.
25. write things down.
26. remember birthdays.
27. be good to the environment.
28. keep your surroundings soulful and soothing.
29. keep things organized.
30. read loads of books.
31. research how to make your dreams come true.
32. indulge in life's luxuries--baths, candles, good bedding, flowers.
33. let yoga infuse your life.