Welcome to the 254th edition of Tranquility du Jour. Today's show features Kate Payne of Hip Girl's Guide to Homemaking.
Workshops + Retreats: Join moi for a tranquilologie experience. Immerse yourself in the study of tranquility with scents of lavender, lots of love, and dollops of sparkles thrown in. Below are a few options.
* Creative + Conscious Business E-course
* Tranquilologie: A DIY Sprinkling of Everyday Tranquility E-course+
(+new issue releases 1st of each month)
* Tranquil Space Lifestyle E-course
* 7-week Fall Creativity Circle in DC October 2
* Art + Yoga Cabin Retreat in West Virginia October 12-14 (3 spots left)
* Tranquil Space Foundation Celebration in DC October 24
* Art Journaling Playshop in DC November 4
* Yoga Retreat in India November 16-25
* Art + Yoga Cabin Retreat in West Virginia April 19-21
* Art + Yoga in Provence May 25-June 1
* Art, Shopping + Yoga in Paris June 5-9 (3 spots left)
* Tranquility Summer Camp in West Virginia August 15-18
* Yoga Lifestyle Retreat in Costa Rica August 31-September 7
Featured Tranquilista: Kate Payne is the blogger and author behind the book, The Hip Girl’s Guide to Homemaking (HarperCollins, April 2011). She lives in Austin, TX and hosts food/jar swaps and invites friends over often to watch and participate in canning adventures. She posts small-batch canning recipes, gluten-free baking projects, DIY cleaning ideas and other creative home improvisations to her blog, hipgirlshome.com.
image courtesy of what julia ate
Tranquility du Jour FAQs: Start here
Signature Style: TranquiliT is a line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo and designed by moi. We sew locally, are a proud member of 1% for the Planet, and plant 150 trees monthly while also donating a portion of proceeds to Tranquil Space Foundation, Pigs Animal Sanctuary, and Nest. In addition, we offer vintage and reclaimed goodies because it doesn't get more eco than reusing!
Save the date for our fall "Breakfast at TranquiliT" Pop Up Shop on Saturday, October 20 10-2 chez moi.
watercolor by mary catherine starr
Stay Au Courant:
Connect on Facebook.
Read along with our online book club choice.
Follow moi on Twitter for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Pin along with moi on Pinterest.
Peruse my Etsy shoppe.
Read about my passion for pigs.
Follow moi on Instagram @tranquilitydujour.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes.
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast 411.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available!