Welcome to the 222nd edition of Tranquility du Jour. Today’s show features upcOMing happenings and Idea Mapping with Jamie Nast.
* Tranquility Project 4-week E-course starts September 7
* NEW Creative + Conscious Business E-course releases September 15
* Fall Tranquilologie Teleclass September 22
* 3-hr Women's Urban Retreat in DC September 25
* Yoga + Creativity at Yoga Tree in San Francisco October 9
* Tranquilista Lifestyle: Joie de Vivre E-course starts October 12
* Art + Yoga Cozy Cabin Retreat in WV October 14-15
* Art Journal Playshop in DC November 6
* Living Your Yoga + Trunk Show in Richmond November 12
* NEW E-book Tranquilologie: A DIY Daybook of Everyday Tranquility releases November 27
* Costa Rica March 3-10
* Yoga + Art Retreat in Paris + Provence May 24 - June 2 SOLD OUT; second one added June 7-16
* Yoga Retreat in India November 2012
Featured Tranquilista: Jamie Nast
Jamie is committed to guiding individuals and organizations towards overcoming barriers to achieving success -- including those which reside in one's own mind.
Jamie was born and raised in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and currently lives in Plymouth, Michigan, where she and her husband founded NastGroup, Inc. in 1998. NastGroup is a training and consultancy organization. She has specialized in mind potential optimization since 1992. Her workshops augment mental aptitudes and maximize individual and organizational productivity. Her range of expertise spans Idea Mapping, speed reading, leadership, creating personal missions, memory, presentations, tapping creativity, strategic planning, and graphic facilitation.
From 1992 until 2006 Jamie directed Buzan Centres USA and was the only Senior Master Trainer representing Buzan Centres world-wide for mind mapping and other mental literacy skills. During that time she mentored over 15,000 people world-wide (now over 19,000) towards better mental productivity and certified 109 Qualified Buzan Instructors from 24 countries. She also wrote the Think, Learn & Create Workshop instructor training manual for the Buzan Centres.
She spent 12 years at Electronic Data Systems in management and leadership training capacities and was certified as a trainer for Steven Covey's Seven Habits of Highly Effective People in 1996. She is a graduate of Purdue University with a BA in Industrial Management and a minor in Computer Science.
Idea Mapping: How to Access Your Hidden Brain Power, Learn Faster, Remember More, and Achieve Success in Business (published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.) was released September 20, 2006. It is currently being sold around the globe and is either translated or being translated into Arabic, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Japanese, and Korean. This book combines her real-world business experience with her teaching and Idea Mapping skills. Using her unique, results-oriented coaching strategies, she brings her workshop right to the reader. Jamie was published in the October 1996 issue of Personal Excellence, was a guest on VoiceAmerica.com in February 2004, and had a column featured in Purdue University's Krannert Magazine in November 2006. In January 2007 she was a guest on both the Rolanda Watts Show (Hollywood, CA) and A Closer Look hosted by Leslie Stone of Summit City Radio (Ft. Wayne, IN). She was a guest on BCTV’s Michigan Entrepreneur Show in both July and September of 2007.
She is an accomplished conference speaker and has consulted for a wide array of clients both domestically and internationally. To date over 19,000 people have been through Jamie's Idea Mapping Workshop.
Jamie's website: Idea Mapping Success
Idea Mapping blog
Jamie's book: Idea Mapping
Follow Jaime on Twitter
Tranquility du Jour iPhone and Android app
Tranquility du Jour FAQs: Start here
Craft your own idea map this week.
Signature Style: TranquiliT is a line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. We are locally sewn and plant 150 trees each month while also donating a portion of proceeds to Nest and Tranquil Space Foundation. Featured item: hoodie tunic. J'adore!
Stay Au Courant:
Connect on Facebook.
Follow moi on Twitter for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Pin along with moi on Pinterest.
Peruse my Etsy shoppe.
Au Revoir: To close out the show, we’re playing Feel So Good by Lovespirals. You can learn more about their music at lovespirals.com.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast 411
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available