Welcome to the 203rd edition of Tranquility du Jour: A Guide to Bringing Tranquility to your Every Day. Today’s show features upcOMing happenings and musings on money with Kim Palmer.
Workshops + Retreats: Consider joining moi for:
* my latest e-course The Tranquility Project November 24
* our seasonal Tranquilology Teleclass on Monday, January 3
* a "New Year, New You Urban Retreat" in DC on January 8, 2011
* 2 workshops at Montreal's Centre Luna Yoga on April 9, 2011
* a "Yoga, Creativity + Tranquility Lifestyle Retreat" at a Farmhouse in NY October 14-16, 2011. All the details here
Featured Tranquilista: Kimberly Palmer, senior editor and personal finance columnist for US News & World Report, writes the magazine column and daily blog, Alpha Consumer. She has appeared on NBC’s Today show, CNBC, CNN, and local television and radio shows across the country. She has also written for the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, and the Asahi Shimbun/International Herald Tribune in Tokyo as a Henry Luce scholar. She holds a master’s degree in public policy from the University of Chicago and a bachelor’s degree in history from Amherst College. She and her husband just welcomed their first baby and moved from a rented apartment in Washington, DC into their own townhouse.
Kim's Website Generation Earn
1. How can you practice mindful spending, investing, and giving back?
Signature Style: TranquiliT is a line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. Locally sewn with 150 trees planted each month. Featured piece: turtleneck. J'adore fall. Top with tall boots, arm warmers, leg warmers, scarves = yummy!
Stay Au Courant:
Let's be Facebook friends.
Follow moi on Twitter for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Connect on our Facebook group.
Join Tranquilista's like page.
Au Revoir: To close out the show, we’re playing Interstate by Mon Cheri. You can learn more about their music at moncheriband.wordpress.com.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed.