Friday, October 08, 2010
week in review
just hOMe after a 12-hour day and settling in for some film watching and relaxation = perfect way to end the week.
- hosted client advisory board gathering at tranquil space
- set up TranquiliT fall collection in arlington
- launched new TranquiliT website (note complimentary summer item shipped with all orders in october!)
- got cast removed and big metal pin (see photo above)
- began physical therapy for my thumb
- took louis to a pet blessing (he pooped in the middle of it)
- savored a cheese plate, wine, and conversation with girlfriend at le chat noir and then went to go see eat, pray, love for the second time.
- supported nest's big "midnight in marrakesh" event
- haircut, color, mani, pedi in new dark blue shade
- recorded bicentennial podcast with beau
- posted signed copies of my books in etsy. fun handmade items to come.
- reviewed new handmade journals a la mama that we'll be selling at tranquil space (see photo)
- sat in on anger management group at internship. very insightful. amazing women.
- coordinated toiletry drive for n street village to be held at tranquil space through the holidays
- supported crave dc's book launch fete
- restorative yoga + gym
- cheese plate + chardonnay with girlfriend post-nest event
- applied for 10-year visa to india
- oodles of prep work for next week's tranquil space foundation celebration. please support our efforts!
how was your week? hopefully you, too, are resting easy this evening.
big plans for the weekend? i'll be at the studio most of tomorrow and then hosting a small dinner party chez moi afterwards. on sunday beau and i will be heading to a black tie wedding at the national cathedral. ooh la la, photos to come!
when recording this week's tranquility project podcast on "soul," i encouraged everyone to indulge in moments of self-care. i hope you, too, can take time to feel your breath, get grounded, write in your journal, see a matinee, or browse a bookstore. sending lots of good vibes your way. namaste.