Sunday, August 22, 2010
tranquility du jour #196: tour de texas, meditation retreat, + more!
Welcome to the 196th edition of Tranquility du Jour: A Guide to Bringing Tranquility to your Every Day. Today’s show features happenings and musings on tour de texas, silent meditation retreat + more with moi!
Workshops + Retreats: Consider joining moi for our seasonal tranquilology teleclass on Monday, September 20, at a fall book event in NYC (deets to cOMe), on a Yoga Retreat in India November 12-21, at a "New Year, New You Urban Retreat" in DC on January 8, at Montreal's Centre Luna Yoga on April 9, on a "Yoga, Creativity, and Tranquility Lifestyle Retreat" at a Farmhouse in NY Fall 2011. Lots of tranquility to be shared!
Pose of the Podcast: Meditation.
Featured Tranquilista: Moi
Kimberly Wilson is a writer, yogini, do-gooder, entrepreneur, aspiring social worker, and eco-fashion designer currently obsessed with Paris, potbelly pigs, and all things sparkly.
She is the creative director and founder of Tranquil Space – named among the top 25 yoga studios in the world by Travel + Leisure, author of Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista, and holds a Master’s in Women's Studies.
More at kimberlywilson.com: including bucket list AND tranquility timeline.
Savvy Sources: See below under "Stay Au Courant."
1. How can Kimberly enhance your experience on Tranquility du Jour blog + podcast?
2. What are sOMe of your fall (September-December) dreams?
Signature Style: A line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. Locally sewn. 150 trees planted each month. Featured piece: fall sneak peek in peony, plum, platinum, au naturel + noir! J'adore fall.
Stay Au Courant:
Let's be Facebook friends.
Follow moi on Twitter.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Connect on our Facebook group.
Join Tranquilista's like page.
Au Revoir: To close out the show, we’re playing Who's to Blame Senorita by Texas Tornados. You can learn more about their music at thetexastornados.com.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed.
- Interested in starting a podcast for yourself, your organization or your business?
Check out nineball media.