Monday, July 26, 2010
tranquility du jour #193: handmade happiness
Welcome to the 193rd edition of Tranquility du Jour: A Guide to Bringing Tranquility to your Every Day. Today’s show features happenings and musings on Handmade Happiness with Kari Chapin.
Workshops + Retreats: Consider joining moi at book signings in Texas, on a Yoga Retreat in India November 12-21, at a "New Year, New You Urban Retreat" in DC on January 8, on a "Yoga, Creativity, and Tranquility Lifestyle Retreat" at a Farmhouse in NY March 4-6, and at Montreal's Centre Luna Yoga in April. Lots of tranquility to be shared!
Pose of the Podcast: Savasana
Featured Tranquilista: Kari Chapin
A writer, crafter and stylist based in Western Massachusetts, Kari lives with her husband, two dappled dachshunds and their cranky orange cat near Northampton.
Kari's blog: http://karichapin.com/blog/
Kari's book: The Handmade Marketplace
OMwork: Support an indie designer by shopping etsy.com.
Signature Style: A line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. Locally sewn. 150 trees planted each month. The entire collection is 40% off through Friday. Use code SUMMERTIME at checkout!
Stay Au Courant:
Let's be Facebook friends.
Follow moi on Twitter.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Connect on our Facebook group.
Join Tranquilista's like page.
Au Revoir: To close out the show, we’re playing Love (Brooklyn Afterhours Remix) by Lovespirals. You can learn more about their music at lovespirals.com.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed.
- Interested in starting a podcast for yourself, your organization or your business?
Check out nineball media.