Saturday, June 05, 2010
au revoir costa rica, bonjour dc
sitting at the costa rica airport with oodles of freshly-purchased goodies for family and friends. j'adore that they have free wifi - have uploaded costa rica photos to facebook, changed an amtrak ticket for my kripalu trip, sent an email with photos to our beautiful retreaters from the week, and handled a few backlogged emails. yay for productivity!
during last night's closing circle, i asked the ladies (and beau) to share their top takeaways and i was honored with their heartfelt answers. in turn, i wanted to share a few of mine:
* eat more eggs: good protein (had the most amazing over easy eggs during this trip)
* less online time (got online sporadically this week and it felt good)
* read more (finished 2 books and rereading a third - despite the fact that i have tons of school reading i should be doing)
* came up with idea inspired by the happiness project to publish a collection of selected blog posts from the past 5 years coupled with personal story and illustrations
* focus more on relationships (nurture the ones i have)
* note triggers (i keep striving to respond vs react and am noticing certain scenarios that trigger reaction. hoping to improve these.)
in addition, i received exciting news from my publisher that tranquilista is going to be published in russian and possibly dutch, too. spirituality, entrepreneurship, and creativity for all!
may i hold the lessons of this week close to my heart as i return to reality sans papaya, hours of hammock time, and rising with the sun.