Sunday, April 12, 2009
happy gooey peeps day!
what a delightful weekend. beau and i spontaneously decided to head to his half-finished (no hot water or furniture) cabin in the woods late friday night. we packed up louis, grabbed a futon mattress, and headed to the hills.
here are some photos from our journey. weekend highlights included:
* got my highlights, lowlights + pink streaks touched up while outling the upcoming week in my planner pad (usually a sunday night extravaganza) on friday
* ooh la la: booking flights to paris using miles (november 13-23 - suggestions, tips, + ideas welcomed!)
* running into BFF on way out to cabin, swinging by her home + chatting into the wee hours before driving out to west virginia
* waking up to rain pouring down on the skylight above our heads
* BFF + her beau joining us for a few hours on saturday
* dining at cracker barrel (of all crazy places)
* rocking in the pink dolly parton rocker
* hiking up the mountain in beau's backyard
* having our first fire and going through heaps of backlogged magazines: o, inc, yoga journal, lucky, shape - (i pull out must-have articles or images for future inspiration)
* putting dog treats in clear easter eggs and hiding them for sir louis
* watching louis find the eggs, figure out how to open them, and devour said treat with a vengence
* indulging in easter dinner in berkley springs
* oodles of spring cleaning once home: ficus trees outside, sprucing up backyard garden area, throwing out cosmetics age 5 years+, organizing kitchen table (aka "home office"), writing gramma a letter, rearranging living room setting
all in all a decadent (and much needed) change of pace. the country brings a sense of spaciousness that fuels the soul. now to top off the weekend with a rejuvenating bubble bath. 'night!