Friday, March 20, 2009
spring has sprung
bonjour and welcome to spring: what a delight! the sun is shining, birds are singing, i had 3 delightful podcast interviews with amy butler, diana rupp, and christine arylo, and spring has launched at TranquiliT. i'm in the showroom fancying it up for tomorrow's bloom into spring sale. so looking forward to our annual spring trunk show. if you're in dc, s'il vous plait come see us!
take a moment to reflect on your spring goals. it's a fresh time of the year to begin to ponder where you are, what's working, what isn't, and begin to make changes. while walking sir louis this morning i saw the sweet daffodils and purple crocuses that were pushing out of the soil. the *perfect* reminder to do the same. let's bloom! anais nin's quote, "and the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful that than risk it took to bloom," is a great mantra for spring.
how can you begin to bloom? what area(s) of your life need a little extra attention? we're like little flowers coming out of winter's hibernation in search of sunlight, water, and some TLC. what small step can you take to bloom?
i plan to:
* sign up for a creative non-fiction writing class.
* replant my outdoor garden space. needs oodles of TLC.
* design the fall collection. colors were chosen: 1, 9, 10 won!
* master the speed bag. boxing is fun!
* keep my fridays free for playing my design lab (aka showroom).
* sign up for dharma mittra teacher training.
* expand my volunteer efforts: more tranquil teens programs + more animal activism.
if you'd like to join moi + other hip tranquil chicks around the globe to discuss more on blooming into spring, sign up for our le chic teleclass chat THIS monday at 9pm ET. if you can't join live, no worries, i'll send you the mp3 to listen at your leisure.
now tell me, how are you going to bloom this spring?