tomorrow at noon i'm dashing off to central virgina, with the lovely hilary (my assistant for the weekend) in tow to lead a 3-day retreat. she helped with the hip tranquil chick retreat in new york earlier this year and is an absolute delight.
i did some searching sunday for a good nook to do some in-depth writing during a week i'd set aside mid-november. i found a spot super-close, super-cute, and super-good in price only 20 minutes from the fall foliage retreat center so i'm staying down there through halloween. what are the chances? i think it means that it was meant to be! my book needs my full attention and i'm delighted to have the opportunity to make this happen. lots of rescheduling later, and now i've got to get packed.
how to have your own mini-retreat at home:
1. set aside time just for you.
2. turn your phone to vibrate, turn on frank sinatra, draw a hot bath, light candles.
3. pour sparkling water into your favorite tall glass, add a lemon slice, and slip into the tub for at least 30 minutes. soak.
4. head to bed with a good book and journal in tow. stay here 1-3 hours.
6. up and head to your yoga mat. do some yin yoga, restorative, or a nice slow flow.
7. indulge in a deep savasana with chandra om's lokah samasta sukino bhavantu playing.
8. nap again.
9. write out your 1, 3, 5 year goals.
10. list 10-50 things you are grateful for.
11. nap again. this time with eyepillow and lavender spray on the pillow.
12. voila, emerge refreshed.