Meditation is a powerful way to tap into a sense of well-being and overall tranquility. It can calm your mind, relax your body, and soothe your spirit.
1. Sit in sukasana or kneel comfortably. Feel free to use a blanket or pillow to elevate the hips.
2. Keep hands loose and open with the palms up, one atop the other and thumbs lightly touching.
3. Head is upright. Eyes may be closed or open slightly. If open they should focus on your hands or a spot nearby.
4. As the mind wanders, which it inevitably will, gently guide it back to your breath. Focus on inhaling, and exhaling.
5. Continue for 15 minutes and slowly build up to a 30-minute session to start and end the day.