1. try something new: bike around town. go on a solo adventure. start a blog. listen to a different genre of music. wear something red. listen to a podcast.
2. plant something: try bulb forcing. plant an herb garden – try basil and mint. pot impatiens for oodles of color until the first frost.
3. get moving: garden. dance. do yoga. pull out those roller blades. swim. run. walk.
4. drink up: douse your h2o with lemon, cucumber, or orange slices. carry a water bottle with you to refill. add emergenC for a jolt of vitamins. hydrate your system.
5. go green: buy in season. shop the local farmer’s market. carry your reusable bags (bamboo/organic cotton ones en route to tranquil space). switch to green power – cleancurrents.com. wash in cold.
6. practice ahimsa: avoid gossip. breathe. send mindful e-mails. reduce meat consumption. be kind to yourself. think nice thoughts as they lead to words and actions. exude compassion.
while searching for the perfect spring quote, i came across this one:
if i had my life to live over, i would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. i would go to more dances. i would ride more merry-go-rounds. i would pick more daisies. – nadine stairkeep dancing, picking daisies, and riding your merry-go-rounds!