From Omtime's visionary extraordinaire, Shannon Schneider, I wanted to share this yummy description of creating a vision board from her yoga studio newsletter. Enjoy and thank you, Shannon, for sharing this!
To create a vision board for yourself, follow these easy and FUN steps:
1. Collect all of your favorite magazines, a glue stick, and pair of scissors.
2. Secure a piece of poster board, any size and color you choose, the bigger, of course, the better.
3. Flip through the magazines and begin to cut out words and phrases and images of places, inspirations, colors, themes, intentions, and goals you would like to MANIFEST in the coming year and your life in general. DROP any worries about HOW or WHY or WHEN… just cut them out.
4. When you have cut as many snippets of success, happiness, and love as you desire, begin to organize on the poster board and glue them down.
5. Once complete, take a long and inspired gander at the coming brilliance of ALL that you are inspired to experience.
6. Place the completed vision board in a conspicuous space in your home or office.
7. Commit to a visioning practice of 2 – 5 minutes a day: wherein, you commit to looking at these images and holding space for them AS IF THEY WERE YOUR PRESENT moment experience.
If there were ever a time to dare,
to make a difference,
to embark on something worth doing, it is now.
Not for any grand cause, necessarily —
but for something that tugs at your heart,
something that’s your aspiration,
something that’s your dream.
You owe it to yourself to make your days here count.
Know, though, that things worth doing seldom come easily.
There will be good days.
And there will be bad days.
There will be times when you want to turn around,
pack it up, and call it quits.
Those times tell you that you are pushing yourself,
that you are not afraid to learn by trying.
Because with an idea,
determination, and the right tools,
you can do great things.
Let your instincts,
and your heart guide you.
Believe in the incredible power of the human mind.
Of doing something that makes a difference.
Of working hard.
Of laughing and hoping.
Of lazy afternoons.
Of lasting friends.
Of all the things that will cross your path this year.
The start of something new brings the hope of something great.
Anything is possible.
There is only one you.
And you will pass this way only once.
Do it right.
~~~ Author Unknown