Today’s menu features a must-have pose in On the Mat, a discussion of my favorite tranquility tools in Off the Mat, and we’ve got Omwork and Savvy Sources for you too. View our shownotes at hiptranquilchick.com/blog.
On the Mat: Supta Konasana
Off the Mat: Today’s podcast is on my favorite tranquility tools.
yogash chitta vritti nirodhah: yoga is settling thoughts of the mind into tranquility.
yoga sutra 1:2
yoga sutra 1:2
tranquility is defined as: 1. a disposition free from stress or emotion; 2. an untroubled state; free from disturbances; 3. a state of peace and quiet. here are a few of my faves tools that are sure to elicit a return to a more tranquil state:
1. the 3-part yogic breath – we all know this one well. play with it while waiting in long lines or on during that challenging conference call.
2. meditation – sit still and practice “being.”
3. aromatherapy – add a dash of lavender to a pulse point to relax or peppermint to energize.
4. affirmations – observe your self-talk. replace the negatives with positive statements.
5. massage – a must-have to keep the body and soul supple.
6. journaling – a great way to self-reflect and turn inward.
7. 6 movements of the spine – throughout the day, spend a few moments working the spine into a forward bend, back bend, side bends and twists on each side.
8. healthy snacks – having healthy natural, organic options nearby (nuts, fruit bars, whole fruits, baby carrots) saves a guilty trip to the vending machine.
9. get moving – dancing, yoga, biking, and running do wonders to increase endorphins. carve out time in your schedule to play.
10. bead, knit, paint – let your creative juices flow and watch the stress subside.
Omwork: To encourage a sense of diving deeper into today’s podcast, I will post Omwork relating to this segment on our HTC forum. Please connect with fellow HTCs there and play with the following:
1. What are your fave tranquility tools?
2. What tranquility tool will you begin immediately?
Haute Stuff Shoppe: Shop online for the book, CD, leopard print scarf, or crystal tee.
Signature Style: Our new all-in-one.
Community Corner: Share what fun hip and tranquil events around the book and/or philosophy you have going on. A dear blog reader shared her new blog: http://htc-in-training.blogspot.com/. A reminder – if you have a product you’d like reviewed by me on the blog – send a sample to me at 2024 p street, nw dc, 20036. sending a sample does not guarantee placement but I’d love to support our burgeouning community!
Check out our desktop, ecards, and forum on our connect page!
Soirees, Chats, Booksignings & Retreats: I’ll be in Albuquerque, NM next month at Yoga Now! Escape with me and like-minded women to our first international excursion to Costa Rica in September. And we've scheduled our next Hip Tranquil Chick retreat in the Catskills of NY for March 2008. Details for all special events at hiptranquilchick.com.
Au Revoir: Share your hip tranquil chickness with me, request show ideas, or pass along feedback by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re on MySpace and Frappr, so please connect with the community virtually there, too!
Have a burning question that you’d like hip and tranquil feedback on? E-mail me at email@example.com to have it featured and answered in our dear hip tranquil chick segment found on the blog.
I’ll be doing a special segment where I’ll take your questions and answer via a mini-mentoring session on the podcast. If you have a question that you think others will relate to, please e-mail me to be featured or call 206-984-0717 and leave your question or any comments/requests you may have.
To close out the show, we’re playing podsafe music by new and independent artists from Podsafe Music Network. Today’s selection is Walk Away (Sinq remix) by Lovespirals. You can learn more this week's featured artist, including how to get more of their music at lovespirals.com.
Thanks for joining me for the 89th edition of the HTC podcast. Get your tranquility on! Namaste.
- You don't need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes!
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Yahoo Podcasts.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You'll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it's available.
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed
Check out nineball media.