ahhhh, a lovely, lovely day. was up until 1am swinging in a hammock (a fave past time) by the lake with a pal and reading my ZBA book. then i slept until 9:30 but could have stayed there a lot longer if my room hadn't gotten so warm from the yummy sun. beau arrived around noon after i'd finished a couple hours of work and we've been relaxing ever since then - reading, a massage, napping, eating some fab vegan polenta. tonight we're heading into rhinebeck for dinner at terrapin restaurant. yum!
i wanted to share some great insights from my ZBA book - totally digging this zen work philosophy and hope to do a month-long training at some point in all this juiciness. until then, here are some insights from the book:
1. right thinking - what am i sure of? what am i really doing? is this kind of thinking a habit? is this thinking cultivating understanding?
2. right mindfulness - pay attention to body and mind. mindfulnes of others. nourishing others through attention, understanding, and transoformation.
3. right speech - be loyal to the truth. not creating harm. not exaggerating. relieving suffering.
4. right action - compassion. kindness. social justice. generosity.
5. right livelihood - do good. avoid doing harm. help others.
6. right diligence - use each moment and each situation to move away from habits and patterns that cause pain and toward building character and developing a flexible, open mind.
7. right concentration - impermanence. interrelatedness. nonself.
good stuff, eh?
must finish some pending e-mails and spend time with beau. graduation in one week. what an amazing journey. namaste.