In an e-mail to me, fellow hip tranquil chick Stacey wrote: "During the “self-care” segment on your most recent podcast you mentioned indulging in a fresh baked cookie every now and then… a ritual I enjoy myself… however, I’d love to share a healthier alternative to the slice-n-bakes that can be full of preservatives…"
Stacey’s Make-N-Freeze… A Hip Chick’s Guide To Cookie Indulgence!
1 Lazy Afternoon
1 great cookie recipe (yes, the kind you make from scratch)
2 sheets of wax paper
1 sheet of plastic wrap or a freezer bag
1 marker or pen
- Prepare the recipe up to the baking phase
- Place unbaked dough in the middle of one of the sheets of wax paper
- fold the wax paper around the dough and press into a log shape
- cover the “log” with the second sheet of wax paper and then the plastic wrap (or place into freezer bag)
- Use your pen to write an expiration date three months from today on the outer wrapping
* Now whenever you want a preservative-free cookie(s) preheat the oven…slice off the amount you wish to make… bake according to the original recipe & ENJOY!
Thank you, Stacey, for offering this lovely alternative! xoxo