Q: i cannot streamline my energy to actually manifest the book I dream of .. or my DVD... or CD... (how do you do it?) how do you usually tackle a project?
A: what a great question (is there every really a bad question?)! as hip tranquil chicks, you may find yourself struggling with this constantly. you may not lack possibilities and opportunities, just the ability to figure out where to begin and how to get the ball rolling on your numerous ideas! well, this IS a great problem to have.
here are my favorite ways to prioritize a project:
1. determine what you want--to start a business, to write a book, to plant a garden
2. research--join the women's business center, chat with women who have done what you're seeking, read publications catered to your project
3. write out the baby steps involved in the big vision--write a business plan (note various sections), read a book on writing a book proposal, sign up for a class at your local gardening store
4. write out a timeline for accomplishing the steps--have first three sections of business plan done by June 1, 2006, begin my container gardening project by memorial day weekend
5. hold yourself accountable--share plan with a friend, post your plan where you see it daily
6. reward your efforts!
looking at the big picture can be daunting and this is where many dreams stop. indulge yourself by taking the time up front to determine how to get from point A to point B, to determine why it is important to you, and go make it happen! hip tranquil chicks are dreamers who do!